Our Services and Expertise
Our consultants have Masters or PhD degrees in statistics. All are accredited with the Statistical Society of Australia (AStat or GStat). We have experience across a broad range of statistical applications, and we offer help with all aspects of data-based research.
Here are a few examples we offer help with:
- questionnaire design and data collection methods
- study design, for experiments and surveys
- choice of sample size
- data management and verification
- analysis strategies
- modelling of data
- data mining and analytics
- interpretation of analyses and statistical reasoning
- communication of statistical findings, tailored to the audience
- quality graphical presentations
- critical review of quantitative research and reasoning
- statistical software
- expert witness needs
- statistics courses tailored to specific needs
We have consultants who are expert in the use of Genstat, Minitab, SPSS, S-Plus and R.
Customised Statistical Training
Can’t find the statistical course you need, at a date that suits you?
We can provide general and specialist courses tailored to your organisation.
- a comprehensive set of notes
- in depth practical training
- content can be structured to your specific needs
- various statistical software packages
- run at the University or in-house
- small or large groups
Each year the Centre offers courses/workshops that are available to the public, industry, government and academic world. Our consultants have a wealth of knowledge from working with real world statistical issues. Our courses have a mixture of practical work and lecture presentation.