SCC Postgraduate Resources
Intensive short Courses
Our courses are designed with graduate research students in mind. Intensive short courses are discounted for University of Melbourne students.
We also deliver the post-graduate course Statistics for Research Workers (MAST90007).SCC current intensive courses: Handbook entry for MAST90007 Make an enquiry about courses Send an email about courses
Graduate Researcher Statistical Assistance Scheme
For graduate researchers of the University who need statistical advice, the Centre has a special, centrally-funded service called The Graduate Researcher Statistical Assistance Scheme.
New appointments can be made for 2017. *Please also note conditions for the scheme will be changing these are still being finalised. Please call for further information.Preparing for an appointment with a SCC consultant? Condition form Preparing your data
Make an appointment:Call on 8344 6995. Send an enquiry about the scheme
If you are a Masters by research, PhD or MD student of the University of Melbourne, the Statistical Consulting Centre has a centrally-funded service. In 2017, this service is only available to students who have not used the service in the past.
- We offer statistical advice to eligible Masters by research, PhD or MD students in 2017.
- If you are a Masters by research, PhD or MD student who has previously used the service, you will need to pay to see a consultant. The service was centrally fundied and was reduced in 2010.
- The purpose of the service is to assist Masters by research, PhD or MD students with their research, not coursework. Graduate diploma students will not be eligible for the service.
- The emphasis in the statistical advice will be on education and training.
- We require that you be currently enrolled.
You will need to bring a copy of the "Statistical consulting service to post-graduate students" form signed by your supervisor. Please present on your first consultation. The consultants may decline to provide statistical assistance to students without a signed form.Download form here pdf
The Statistical Consulting Centre offers advice, statistical consulting and data analysis to staff and postgraduate students within the University and others outside the University.
Consultants can assist with all stages of a research project and postgraduates are strongly encouraged to see a consultant when they are planning their study. When you have reached the stage of entering or analysing your data, you can prepare for meeting with a consultant by following these guidelines.